LightBurn V1.0 GCode License Key
This is a LightBurn license key for GCode controllers (DIY / hobby). It allows installing on up to two computers, PC, Mac, or Linux. The key will be emailed to you (this may take up to 24 hours) and can be applied to the trial version to unlock the software.
See the Download/Trial Page for software downloads.
The GCode version supports Cohesion3D, Smoothieware, Grbl, Marlin, and Grbl-LPC based controllers.
Please use the trial period to test it with your hardware to be sure it will work for you.
- Tips: License purchase is non-refundable. The license key will be emailed to you within 12 hours.
- This license is excluded from all promotions and discount codes.
- Valid for one year.
WHAT'S NEW IN 1.0:
Live / Virtual Arrays
If you create a grid array, you now have the option to make it virtual, meaning that the copies are generated on the fly. The array properties and content can be changed, and the array updates automatically:
With this in place, we'll be working on adding support for these virtual arrays on DSP controllers.
Print & Cut Wizard
Print and Cut is great, but it hasn't been very easy to use. The new Print and Cut wizard walks you through it, making the whole process simpler. We also have a new video up, showing how to salvage a job without markers in it, using the Print and Cut feature. You can find it in Tools > Print and Cut.
Ever have trouble remembering which Boolean option is the right one? You're not alone. The new Boolean Assistant lets you preview the different Boolean options, then pick the one that works. Press Ctrl+B to bring it up.
Two point rotate & scale
Lets you pick a rotation point on a shape, and rotate / scale it freely around that point. Designed to let you align one shape to another, like trying to align text to a slanted edge. Press Ctrl+2 to start the tool, and follow the prompts at the bottom of the screen.
Click filled areas to select or drag
If you normally use LightBurn in 'Filled rendering' mode, life just got a little bit easier. You can now click anywhere inside a filled shape to select it.
Other notable changes
- Adjust Image tool is much more robust
- Ramp mode for vectors is now 2x faster
- Automatic view panning while dragging shapes
- Export to SVG will now retain image masks
- Measure tool now includes selected shape width / height, and does a better job of identifying arcs
- Rewrote serial library used for Ruida communication - now significantly faster, and more robust
- Support for multiple Ruida controllers when using Packet/USB mode
- Print (to printer) now scales correctly
- Can now import / export all preferences, making it easier to share settings between computers
- Edit > Machine Settings now supports Marlin
As always, you can download the latest version from our Download / Trial page, or by using the 'Check for Updates' feature in the Help menu in LightBurn. Thank you for supporting LightBurn.
The complete list of changes is below:
- Allowed bluetooth units to connect, now that serial thread / connect crash is fixed
- Properly ignore [echo:] messages from GRBL
- Improved accuracy of GCode output in mm mode
- Enabling 'Fast Whitespace' and setting the speed to zero now uses G0 moves (goes as fast as firmware allows)
- Added settings read/write for Marlin firmware
- Bugfix: Constant power and cut-through no longer conflict
- Bugfix: GRBL devices now properly wait for send queue space before transmitting (GRBL-LPC issue because of huge receive buffer on the device)
- Fixed a speed bug when framing on GRBL-LPC
- RD File imports now properly color map
- Re-wrote serial/USB library for Ruida/TopWisdom to be synchronous / faster
- Added a safety warning for potentially class-reducing vendor settings
- Added support for auto-feed on Trocen controllers
- Added support for 'by layer' or 'with laser' for air assist on Ruida 6445G
- Added support for docking point setting on 6445G
- Added ability to select a specific Ruida/port when using Packet/USB
- Find my Laser will now return Packet/USB Ruida connection as an option
- Bugfix: Homing and Limit Direction flags were switched in Machine Settings for Trocen devices
Import / Export:
- Added handling for PDF inline images (not fully parsed yet, but no longer crashes)
- Improved DXF MText positioning accuracy
- Bugfix: SVG export didn't properly handle negative corner radius on rectangles
- SVG bitmap exports now work properly in Corel / Illustrator
- Bugfix: ignore negative rx/ry values for SVG rect import
- Bugfix: export masked images to SVG correctly
- Bugfix: export tool layers to SVG
We get asked this a lot, so here it is:
- Is it a subscription?
- No. You pay once, the software will work forever as long as you have your license key.
- How many computers can I use it on?
- The license key lets you use the software on up to two computers at once, they don't have to use the same operating system, and a license can be easily moved if you get a new computer. If you need to use it on 3 machines, we're happy to update your license to allow it, at no cost. If you need more seats or a floating license setup, we can do that too - contact us for pricing and details.
- Does the license expire?
- The license key has an expiry date - a year from when you first activate it. When it expires, it's still valid, you just don't get updates anymore. If you download a version of the software released after your license expires, it won't work.