5 Colors - Small-Spool TPU Flexible Filament 1.75mm 250g/0.55lb
Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a high strength flexible filament.
- 250g per spool, 5 colors in a set, good choice for testing!
- Specially formulated plastic with increased amount of flexibility, with rigid structure.
- Resistant to oil, grease and abrasions.
- Recommended for printing objects, which will be impacted more than normal ones.
- It has many applications including; automotive, power tools, sporting goods, medical devices, drive belts, footwear, inflatable rafts, profile applications, etc.
- TPU is also a popular material found in outer cases of mobile electronic devices, such as mobile phones.
Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a high strength flexible filament. TPU is essentially polyurethane, it belongs to the TPE class of thermoplastics (similar to the stuff NinjaFlex is made of).
In addition to being stronger compared to other flexible materials on the market, we found TPU to be easier to print with, with great layer to layer bonding. Let's make our ideas actual!
- Material : Rep-Flex TPU - Vacuumed Sealed with desiccant
- shore hardness: 95A
- Weight: 250g
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Roundness: 1.75mm (+/- 0.03mm)
- Recommended extruder temperature:195 - 230°C
- Recommended platform temperature: 40 - 60°C
- Recommended for printers with direct drive extruder, 0.4~0.8mm Nozzles.
- With bowden extruder you might pay more attention to these tips:
- Print slow 15-30 mm/s Printing speed
- First layer settings. (Height 100% Width 150% speed 50% e.g.)
- Retraction disabled. This would reduce messy, stringing or oozing printing result.
- Increase Multiplier(Optional). set to 1.1 would help the filament bond well.
- Cooling fan on after first layer.
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g White
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Black
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Red
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Blue
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Green
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Emerald
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Gold
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Pink
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Violet
- 1x 1.75mm Flexible(TPU) 250g Blue
by our customer:
Relatively firm flexible filament that prints great once I dialed in the print settings on my MK3 - some stringing that seems inevitable with TPU. Changing the number of perimeters (and also infill percentage, but less so) really helps adjust how flexible the end product ends up being.
Got the new printer with prompt shipping. All the packaging was very tidy And all the parts came in the Box without issue. My only complaint would be I wish the instructions would have had some verbiage instead of just pictures. Some of the pictures were just a little hard to tell how things actually went but after about 5 to 10 minutes of Staring at the pictures I was able to figure it out. It would have been nice if the pictures were a little bit bigger to they were pretty small in the book. So far I have done a few prints without issue and everything seems to be going good I really like the interface that it provides as you can adjust the bed heat and speed as the printing is being done which helps out a lot.
This tpu filament is great, just this product where there are 5 spools of 250g might not be the cheapest per kilogram but I wanted different colors so this was perfect for my application. The filament is easy to print and looks amazing. I was able to print this filament at 30mm/s with a bowden setup. I might go faster but I haven't tried it yet. Can't complain about anything.