DSO202 2-CH Handheld Mini Digital Oscilloscope, TouchscreenBrand: SainSmart SKU: 101-10-104 SKU: 101-10-104
The bright color display presents any measured AC current, including sine, square, sawtooth, and triangle waveforms.
Simple to Use
Operation is simple and easy, using taps and swipes much like any smartphone.
Its small form factor conveniently fits inside any pocket so it’s always ready when you need it.
The built-in 8 MB flash storage makes saving and transferring waveform images easier than ever.
The DSO202 Mini Digital Handheld Oscilloscope is a staple to any electronics toolkit. Its 2-channel functionality makes it ideal for most experimental, maintenance, and engineering projects. Housed inside a durable shell with an aluminum alloy finish, the DSO202 is sleek, compact, and incredibly powerful for its size.
|Model||DSO Nano (DSO211)||DSO Note II (DSO202)||DSO 212||DSO Quad (DSO203)|
|ADC||MCU internal ADC||MCU internal ADC||MCU internal ADC||AD9288|
|Channels||Analog channel 1 + 1 internal channel||2 analog||2 analog||2 analog, 2 digital|
|Max Sample Rate||1MSa/s||10MSa/s||10MSa/s||72MSa/s|
|Maximum Memory Depth||8K||8K||8K||4K|
|Horizontal Sensitivity||1uS/Div~2S/Div(1-2-5sequence step)||1uS/Div~2S/Div(1-2-5sequence step)||1uS/Div~2S/Div(1-2-5sequence step)||0.1uS/Div~1S/Div(1-2-5sequence step)|
|Vertical Sensitivity||20mv/Div~10V/Div(1-2-5sequence step)||20mv/Div~10V/Div(1-2-5sequence step)||20mv/Div~10V/Div(1-2-5sequence step)||50mv/Div~10V/Div(1-2-5sequence step)|
|Coupling||DC / AC||DC / AC||DC / AC||DC / AC|
|Auto Adjustment Mode||AUTO_FIT||AUTO_FIT||AUTO_FIT||NO|
|Calculation Waveforms||-A, RecA, A + RecA||-A,-B,A+B,A-B RecA,RecB,RecC||-A,-B,A+B,A-B RecA,RecB,RecC||-A,-B,A+B,A-B RecA,RecB,RecC|
|Storage||8MB USB flash disk memory||8MB USB flash disk memory||8MB USB flash disk memory||8MB USB flash disk memory|
|USB Interface||Micro USB||Micro USB||Micro USB||Mini USB|
|Screen Resolution||320 × 240||320 × 240||320 × 240||400 × 240|
|Open Source||Application layer Open-Source|
- Model: DS202
- MCU: STM32F303VC
- ADC: MCU internal ADC
- Channels: 2 Analog channels +1 Operation channel
- Analog Bandwidth: 1MHz
- Max Sample Rate: 10MSa/s
- Max Sample Memory Depth: 8K
- Horizontal sensitivity: 1uS/Div~2S/Div(1-2-5 sequence step)
- Vertical Sensitivity: 20mv/Div~10V/Div(1-2-5 sequence step)
- Analog Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Coupling: DC/AC
- Trigger Mode: Ascend/Descend Edge Trigger Mode
- AUTO_FIT: AUTO_FIT
- Math Waveforms: -A, -B, A+B, A-B, RecA, RecB, RecC
- Inbuilt Signal Generator: Sine/Square/Triangle/Sawtooth wave
- Synchronous Mode: Auto, Normal, Single, None, Scan value/average
- Storage: 8MB USB flash disk memory
- APP installed: 2
- Operation: Button, Capacitive Touch Screen
- USB port: Micro USB
- Battery : 500mAh
- Screen Size: 2.8"
- Screen Resolution: 320×240
- Dimension: 100mmX56.5mmX10.7mm
- Weight(with Battery): 90g
- Open Source: Application layer Open-Source
- Certifications: CE/FCC
- Operating Conditions: +0°C to +50°C
- Non-operating Conditions: -20°C to +60°C
- Operating Conditions:High Temperature:40°C to 50°C ,0% to 60%RH
- Operating Conditions:Low Temperature:0° C to 40°C ,10% to 90%RH
- Non-operating Conditions:High Temperature:40°C to 60°C ,5% to 60%RH
- Non-operating Conditions:Low Temperature:0° C to 40°C ,5% to 90%RH
- Use appropriate power cord. Please use a dedicated power cord which has been certified in your country/region
- Connect & disconnect properly. Do not plug/unplug when the probe or the test lead is connected to the voltage source. Before you plug/unplug current probes, please disconnect power to the circuit under test.
- Observe all terminal ratings. To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and device damage, please do not measure signals at DC40V or above. Please read the User Manual carefully to learn more about ratings before connection.
- Do not operate in a humid environment.
- Do not operate in a potentially inflammable/explosive atmosphere.
- Please keep the surface of the product clean & dry.
- 20141230 Firmware APP1_28.rar
- DS202_APP_1.28_source code(12.29).rar
- DS202 User Manual.pdf
- DS202 V2.21 Schematic.pdf
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1x Oscilloscope
- 1x MCX Probe
- 1x English User Manual
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x Hex Key
Here are some notes that are not in the manual: There are two "disks" that are accessible to a computer connected vias USB. One is mentioned in the manual and it holds the firmware and is accessible only in firmware update mode. The other holds scope data and is the default disk when the scope is plugged in via USB to a computer, (it uses FAT12). It is not possible to insert a USB thumb-drive into the device to expand its memory. There may be hacks for continuous logging through a connected computer. I'd like to see one.
I do hobbyist work with Arduino projects and don't need a professional scope. This DSO Note II is perfect for what I need. It works great. It's smaller than I envisioned and the only problem I have is that my old eyes don't see the small text on the menu screens so well, but I manage. The touch controls are very sensitive and invite a light touch. Accuracy seems to be fine although I have no external way of checking it in detail. Based on other reviews I also purchased the recommended alternative 1X-10X probe but honestly can't tell much difference in quality when compared to the included 1X probe. But at least now I have 10X and a probe for the B channel when I need both A and B at the same time. There are features that I haven't used yet, and may never use, but I'm confident that they'll work just fine. This seems to be a well-built product, sturdy, and should hold up well with moderate use.
Amazing small size packs a lot of features. Remembering the size of oscilloscopes years ago, this oscilloscope even includes a signal generator. Got it for my son who's into buying guitar effects pedals, adjusting and also repairing them. This instrument gives him a visual reference of any issues that arise. A good deal for the money.
I am really liking this little scope. I am a hobbiest. I had several circuits that I built from plans but did not completely understand how/what they were doing. Being a visual person, this scope really helps. I had not used a scope since a college class about 30 years ago but I did a little research on the internet and was off and running in no time. I suspect that someone with no experience with a scope might find it a little bit harder. Note the that manual for this scope does not have much more than how to navigate the menus. It is not a training manual. I would recommend getting a better probe. The one that comes with it is not at the high-end. I would also get a BNC female to MCX male (or mcx male to something else) to allow you to use the calibration socket on the scope. I picked up the RioRand probe that is made specifically for this scope and you can tell the difference in quality right off. The only downside to the scope is the size. My eyes are not as young as they used to be but I knew what I was getting into as the product lists the size and specifications. As someone who did not want to spend 400+ for a full size scope I am happy with my purchase and expect that I will use it for many of the circuits I am building to help me understand the inner workings of them.
This is an amazing device, rivaling instruments I used 30 years ago that cost $3k. I read the reviews and found that it came with only one probe, so I ordered a second probe with it. Maybe a third would be good if you want to use the synthesizer output. The manual is not really clear so it takes a bit of fooling around to figure it out completely, but once you do, it is great.