All Colors, TPU Flexible Filament 1.75mm 1kg/2.2lbbrand: SainSmart SKU: 101-90-540YLW
Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a high strength flexible material. TPU belongs to the TPE class of thermoplastics.
- [Flexible and High strength] 95A hardness is similar to an o-ring. High abrasion resistance and low compression compared to rubber
- [Resistant to chemicals] resist to oil, grease and etc. Durable performance even in the chemical harsh environment.
- [Easy to print] Excellent adhesion on heat bed, not necessary for extra adhesion like tape. Compatible with most Prusa i3 3D printers in the market. With Bowden extruder needs to print slowly.
- [Great for end-use parts or models] Can be used to print as functional parts or standalone prototypes. Like RC parts, case, or engineer design prototypes.
SainSmart TPU filament is featured by its high strength and flexibility, like a hybrid of plastic and rubber.
95A TPU has high abrasion resistance and low compression compared to rubber parts, especially at higher infill.
In comparison with most common filaments like PLA and ABS, TPU must be run much slower.
- Material: Rep-Flex TPU - Vacuumed Sealed with desiccant
- Shore Hardness: 95A
- Weight: Net Weight 1kg per roll, total 2kg/4.4lb
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Roundness: 1.75mm (+/- 0.03mm)
- Recommended extruder temperature:195 - 230°C
- Recommended platform temperature: 40 - 60°C
- Recommended for printers with direct drive extruder, 0.4~0.8mm Nozzles.
- With bowden extruder you might pay more attention to these tips:
- Print slow 15-30 mm/s Printing speed
- First layer settings. (Height 100% Width 150% speed 50% e.g.)
- Retraction disabled. This would reduce messy, stringing or oozing printing result.
- Increase Multiplier(Optional). set to 1.1 would help the filament bond well.
- Cooling fan on after first layer.
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1 x SainSmart TPU Flexible Filament 1.75mm 1kg/2.2lb (vacuum sealed)
(Molten Core shoes via @Spoon maker)
(gopro holder via @hovership )
(SD card holder via @Smoldy)
Strong and priced right.
This stuff is awesome. Prints almost as easy as pla. Super strong and stretchy. Very happy with purchase. First layer sticks great on heated clean glass.
Great TPU - Tricky if you've never printed with TPU, but all TPU is like this. I recommend!
Printed a phone case with this and it worked quite well. Similar temperatures to PLA, only difference is the stringing is a lot worse, and supports are harder to detach as the print will "sag" and make stronger contact with support material, making it hard to separate (Use sidecutters) Also hard to sand. This isn't the filaments fault, but a trait of TPU on its own - so since the price of this is GREAT, and it prints successfully as my cheaper than dirt Anet A8 without any issues, I give this 5 stars! 10 points for Griffindor!
This stuff is sweet. super flexible
This stuff is sweet. super flexible. Managed to just get it to work on my bowden extruder (but be very careful to go slow and leave NO room between extruder gear and bowden tube!) It's like translucent. Looks and feels cool.
this is the best material I have ever used
If your looking for TPU for your 3d printer , this is the best material I have ever used..hands down. Super consistent, great price and the output is amazing. I always look for SainSmart TPU whenever I am shopping on Amazon. There have been some awesome deals on this. Basically you get 800g of material for under $40 bucks, I still have 1/3 of a spool left from my last purchase and I print a ton of TPU material. If you want quality TPU filament, buy it now.!!!
Couldn't ask for better
Flexible but not overly stretchy. I'm able to bend printed objects a lot and there is no layer separation and they return to their original shape. Haven't had any issues with jams or curling. Overall I'm pretty impressed with it. I printed using a direct-drive Mk8 extruder, bed at 50C and temp at 225C.