Compatible with Mach3
Mach3 is professional software that can turn a PC into a CNC machine controller. Meant for hobbyists, MX3 is an affordable and powerful alternative to high-end industrial CNC machines.
(Tips: MX3 also compatible with DrufelCNC, a free software.)
In its effective engraving area of 300 x 180 x 45mm, MX3 can easily carve through wood, plastic, PVBs, PCBs, acrylics, and soft aluminum.
MX3 features two 5mm acrylic baffles on each side of the machine so that you can safely monitor the engraving process. To protect against engraving faults, each axis is equipped with a limit/home switch that stops the tool spindle from leaving the engraving area.
Auto Tool Zero
With a mouse click, MX3 will automatically return to a predefined position, allowing you to easily change and calibrate your tools.
MX3 supports laser engraving as well! Simply replace the spindle with a laser module sold here.
Tips: MX3 supports a new 5.5W Laser Module. The new laser module is coming soon!
MX3 is capable of crafting a wide range of commercial-grade products at an affordable cost, allowing beginners to unleash their creativity using professional CNC software. As inspiration, below is a short list of things you can create with MX3!
- Engravings-Create amazing art on wood, plastic, PVBs, PCBs, acrylics, and soft aluminum.
- Toys-Puzzles, figurines, board games and more!
- Furniture-Phone stands, displays, boxes, plaques and more!
Basic Connection Diagram of MX-3 Controller Board
(Using TOSHIBA TBTB67S109 Driver Chip)
- Effective Engraving Area: 300 x 180 x 45mm(11.8 x 7.1 x 1.8")
- Frame Size: 400 x 330 x 240mm(15.7 x 13.0 x 9.4")
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Z-Axis Component Material: PLA
- Spindle: 775 motor, 12V, 3000 RPM; 24V, 7000 RPM; 36V, 9000 RPM
- Rated power: 60W; Maximum power: 120W
- Step Motor: 1.3 A, 12V, 0.25 Nm torque (2.2 in-lb)
- Drill Bits: Tip 0.1 mm, 20 degrees, Diameter 3.175 mm
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7 32/64 bits, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Software: Mach3
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1 x SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router 3018-MX3 ( Mach3 is not included)
- 1 x Tools Box
- 1 x Screw/Nut Accessories Box
Great machine to learn how to use and get into cnc machining
Absolutely sturdy and well designed machine for those looking to start in cnc machining. Im going to play with this machine and possibly modify and upgrade it or buy another to add to my arsenal of machines in the shop. Worth the money.
Great product, well packaged and fun to build
This kit is fantastic, the packaging of the parts is excellent. I think what stands out for this kit though is the standard of the instruction booklet. Great visual guide to building the machine. It took me around 4 hours to have this built at a nice leisurely pace. The customer service of Sain Smart has been great, quickly responding to my questions on setting the machine up.
building my first small CNC machine
the assembly manual was great and very clear ! Mach 3 software looks not nice but works fine
Add More to Enhance Your Experience