Lifetime customer support
Natural, Water Soluble PVA 1.75mm Filament 0.5kg/1.1lb
- 0.5 KG (approximately 1.10 lbs) Spool
- 1.75mm Filament Diameter (Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05mm)
- PVA 3D Printer Filament Vacuumed Sealed With Desiccant
- Recommended Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 160°C - 180°C (320°F - 356°F)
- Spool Diameter: 8" - Spool Width: 2.50" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 1.50"
PVA is a water-soluble synthetic polymer. PVA is degradable and dissolves quickly in water. It is the perfect filament to use as support material for it's dissolvable properties. Generally, PVA is used in conjunction with PLA not ABS because it adheres well to PLA. The extrusion temperature difference can also be problematic with ABS. Importantly, PVA should not be allowed to sit at temperatures higher than 200°C for an extended period of time, known as pyrolysis. It will form jams which are extremely difficult to remove. Unlike PLA and ABS, you cannot remove the jam by increasing the temperature. Clearing the jam in the nozzle will often require it to be re-drilled or replaced altogether, so be careful!
Compatible with RepRap, Makerbot, UP!, Lulzbot, Afinia, Solidoodle, MakerGear, Printrbot LC, and more!
Is the spindle hole large enough to fit my Makerbot printer?
Yes! Our spindle holes are large enough to fit the Makerbot printers. You don't have to worry about fabricating a spindle extension any longer. *NOTE, these spools fit inside of the new Makerbot 5th generation printer drawers!
What are some printing tips?
Please use Kapton tape or 3M blue tape. Please use in well ventilated areas.
What are the printing temperatures for PVA?
Printing temperature range is ~160°C - 190°C. Please be sure to not let PVA sit at temperatures higher than 200°C for a period of time! This is very important to prevent pyrolysis which will jam and clog the nozzle!
- 3mm diameter, 0.5kg net weight, PVA Filament
- Filament Roundness: +/- 0.07mm
- Filament Diameter: +/- 0.05mm
- Recommended Print Temperature: 160 - 190°C, depending on printer model
- Compatible with RepRap, Makerbot, Afinia, Solidoodle or any standard spool based 3D printer
- 1x SainSmart 1.75/3mm PVA Filament 0.5kg for 3D Printers Natural