[Discontinued] No IR 5-Megapixel Camera Module Supports Night vision
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras.
- No IR filter, black and white image at night
- 5 MP Omnivision 5647 Camera Module
- Still Picture Resolution: 2952 x 1944
- Video: Supports 1080 p @ 30 fps, 720 p @ 60 fps and 640 x480 p 60/90 Recording 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface
- Size: Approx. 25 x 20 x 9 mm /0.99 x 0.79 x 0.36 inch
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
- Size: 25mm x 20mm x 9mm
- Weight: 3g
- CSI interface connect to Raspberry Pi
- Resolution: 5 megapixel, fixed lens
- Still image: 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p 30, 720p60 and 640x480p 60/90 video
- The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system.
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Camera Module Night Version Board
Camera works well, not the most awesome of resolution but works great with the Pi and Octoprint It has worked flawlessly for a few weeks now with no increase in cpu on the pi unlike the webcam I had installed. You will need a case/cover/enclosure for this. Which leads me to the ONE MAJOR issue is that NONE of the thingaverse enclosures fit this camera. It is not the default camera size from raspberri pi's specs so be prepared to either design your own or modify the existing ones. I ended up printing a complete enclosure then pretty much cutting the entire front cover off for it to fit. If someone does a thingaverse for this camera please post it in your review lol because mine works but looks like ****.