SainSmart 17-DOF Biped Humanoid Kitbrand: SainSmart SKU: 101-20-146
- Use high-precision digital servo, Action agile.
- Graphical programming, easy to start.
- Hard aluminum frame sturdy light.
- 32 channels servo drive plate combines with PS2 handle perfectly.
- Applicable to robot dance competition and it can also be used to participate in various robot shows.
- Height: 320mm 12.6inch
- Width: 120mm 4.7inch
- Length: 505 mm 19.9inch
- Weight: 1.65KG 3.6lb
- Material: ultra-light hard aluminum alloy, hardened surface treatment and strengthen the structural design
- Head: 2DOF
- Shoulder: 2DOF
- Arm: 2DOF per arm
- Legs: 4DOF per leg
- Foot: 1DOF per foot
- 32 channels steering servo drive control panel
- Graphical programming software
- Servo parameters: 360°Digital Actuator
- Weight: 64±1g 2.26oz
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
1x Robot full set of metal bracket
17x SainSmart SR319 digital servo
1x 32 channels steering gear drive board
1x PS2 wireless handle set
1x Quality USB cable
Several metal screws
Great humanoid intro kit for beginners, except that there is no example code for programming the robot to move. Building the robot takes time, but is quite simple. Google "SainSmart humanoid robot Instructables" for a detailed tutorial on building it. Code-wise, the software that the servo board uses, ROBOIDE, is not very easy to use, so I end up using an Arduino Uno to control the servo board. Will post more details once I get a stable system running and sort out the movements. In conclusion, for those who are willing to learn on their own, this robot kit is a great way to start. (Pictures 1 - 2 was when I just finished building it. Picture 3 is with additional electronics and parts, such as an Arduino and a home-made battery pack)
Fast delivery (customs taxes to EU were about 70 EUR). Very good quality of the parts, also some spare parts. I found some good blogs how to assemble the robot and how the software works but no sample code. @Sain Smart team: could you please post in your Wiki some examples of code for the Torobot RIOS USC programm, e.g. how the robot walks, get up if fallen, how to adjust the PS2 keys. This will be great and will save me a lot of time to invent all this from scratch. Thank you and regards Jimmy
Thank you! Great customer service!
Where is the manual? I am spending so much time finding it but I cant
Dear Jefferson, Thanks for your review. The instruction and codes are uploaded on our wiki. Please take a look at the link on our listing. Please contact us via Support if you need assistance. Kind regards, SainSmart