MACH4-HOBBY CNC Software
Mach4-Hobby is completely new software with less than 1% of the programming code in common with Mach3. It was written from the ground up to be expandable, flexible, and extremely responsive for use with very large files.
*Tips: You will receive an email containing a registration code that can be used on the Mach4 website to redeem for a license. Software purchase is not refundable. Do not lose your registration code or give it to others. You must keep a record of your purchase and account information. Our CNC routers don't support Mach4-Hobby.
- Mach4-Hobby is our newest version of CNC motion control software.
- Mach4-Hobby was written from the ground up to be expandable, flexible, and extremely responsive for use with very large files.
- Mach3 was designed for simple hobby machines and still serves this purpose well. When quality, speed, and the ability to use or learn industrial style controls and methods are what is needed, Mach4-Hobby is the correct choice. While there was only one version of Mach3, Mach4-Hobby is offered in different versions. Each version of Mach4-Hobby is built upon the same core. The architecture of Mach4-Hobby is modular and allows for quicker development to expand the already large feature set that Mach4 offers. Mach4-Hobby has been in use on Industrial equipment running constantly for over two years.
- The standard Mach4-Hobby installer contains the screens and profiles to run Mills, Drills, Lathes, Routers, Tangential knife, Plasma, and 3D Printer machines. The full list of machines being controlled by Mach4-Hobby is much longer, but these machines can quickly be setup with the profiles and screens available in the standard Mach4-Hobby installer. Laser is the next machine to get a full profile for easy setup.
PREFERRED: 32-bit or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- An appropriate external motion controller
- Mach4 Plugin for the selected Motion Controller
- 2Ghz CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
*Use of Parallel Port for machine control only with desktop style computers with 32-bit versions of windows 7 and below.