Genmitsu GS-775MR 24V 20,000 RPM Spindle + Collet Holder + Motor Noise Suppression, for 3018 Series
- DC: 24V. Speed: 20000/min. Experience a quick and easy upgrade for your Genmitsu Desktop CNC.
- Pre-installed motor noise suppression PCB provides enhanced performance.
- It's compatible with Genmitsu 3018 Series CNC router.
- Double ball bearing brush. CW/CCW rotation.
- Ease Installation: With the collet holder installed, you don’t need to spend hours in installing the collet holder. Have a quick swap of the OEM Spindle.
- *Can't work with 3018-PRO offline controller.
If you are looking for a power source replacement motor for power tools, electric equipments and other DIY toys, please check this 775 motor.
Genmitsu GS-775MR CNC Motor
- Experience a quick and easy upgrade for your Genmitsu Desktop CNC. The GS-775M motor fits all Genmitsu 3018 series CNC router machine: 3018/3018-PRO/3018-MX3/3018-PROVer. Easy Installation for a quick swap of the OEM Spindle. This motor with higher speed for you to do more engraving work efficiently.
- Wiring: Red lead connects to the positive pole, and the black lead connects to the negative pole. If the wiring is reversed, the motor will rotate in the opposite direction.
- Overload: Keep the motor is within the specified load range as far as possible. Don't block the motor or keep it run in a stalled status for a long time. Otherwise, the motor will burn out.
- Rated Voltage: DC 24V
- No-Load Speed: 20000 RPM
- Motor Size: 43 x 68 mm (D*L)
- Double Ball Bearing Brush
- CW/CCW Rotation
It is compatible with most 3018 Series CNC routers in the market.
The motor speed is 24V 20000 RPM, which is 10000 RPM higher than the original CNC spindle motor. You can do much more engraving and drilling work with this great motor.
The motor is suitable for desktop drilling machines, desktop milling machines, CNC router machines, cotton candy machines, small lathes, precision machine battery vehicles, toy cars, etc.
- Spindle Motor: GS-775M
- Pre-Installed Motor Noise Suppression board
- Spindle RPM: 24V 20,000
- High Speed – Low Noise
- Double Ball Bearing Brush
- CW/CCW Rotation
- Collet Holer Installed Already
Using your 775 Spindle Motor
One of the key attractions of this upgraded spindle is the ability to turn at 20,000 RPM. What you may find the first time you try to utilize the spindle at it's maximum speed is that it will not turn properly.
Please do not be alarmed. What is happening is that the current being drawn when the spindle tries to go from 0 to 20,000 RPM is more than the 5A power supply that came with your CNC can provide for that moment of peak power draw.
That being said, if you ease the spindle into the maximum RPM, everything works without issue. How we suggest you do this is by replacing your spindle speed command with a few extra lines of code which brings your spindle up to full speed over the course of a second. In order for this code below to work, make sure to set $30=10000 in your console. This sets the maximum spindle speed in your firmware.
So S10000 M3 is replaced with:
An alternative is to replace the stock power supply with one having greater current capacity (24V 8-10A), but that may burn out the controller with an abrupt 100% speed command.
However, a larger power supply should provide more cutting power from the GS-775M spindle, but the power-up sequence shown above is still recommended.
What's in the package
1x Genmitsu GS-775M CNC Spindle Motor with Collet Holder Installed
1x ER11 Collet (5mm)
This spindle is a great upgrade to my 3018. Twice as fast as my old spindle,
Very good product easy replacement a lot quieter happy with my new improvements
it cuts smooth and much better feed rate but I run on seperate power supply and speed control it is quite a bit louder than original
good product : works great !
don't know. just arrived. haven't opened box, yet. being pestered by Sainsmart to provide a review.
Very good. Fantastic customer service. I had a small issue and Dia from SainSmart helped me to get everything sorted. They followed up after. Fully recommend SainSmart.
The new spindle performs as advertised. I increased my feed rate and decreased my run times.
Hooked it up andnever could get it to run. It would try to start and then shut everything down. ?
Overall the motor works really well - would definitely questions the title of noise suppression it even louder than the stock at 10000
I was excited when the new motor arrived. I did have to purchase a collet extension which delayed the installation. Once I had all of the part, I heated up the extension so I could slide it onto the shaft of the motor. That went well. Once it was cooled, I replace the spindle that came with the 3018 Pro with this new one. I did a spin test and it ran well as s100 all the way up to s1000 (full speed). When I tried a dry run of a cut, that is when things stopped working. The motor was drawing too much power and the controller can't keep up with spinning the motor and moving it around. If I run at 20% (s200), then it will spin and move around. I have contacted SainSmart about this to see what can be done. Kind of sad at this point as it is not an upgrade if I have to run it at a slower speed. I was told that the existing power supply does not provide enough power for the new motor. In addition to the new spindle motor, I did have to get a collet extension and now SainSmart is saying that I have to get a new power supply. They sell a 10amp 24V power supply for twice the price of the new spindle. This "compatible" upgrade is turning into a kitchen remodel project. As an upgrade, this spindle is a flop because it is not compatible with the 3018 Pro other than in physical size. To upgrade to this new spindle, you will need to upgrade your power supply and potentially your controller. I have seen too many comments from people where their Woodpecker controller has burned out running the stock parts; let alone a higher watt draw on this upgraded spindle.