Lifetime customer support
[Open Box] Genmitsu 3040 Y-Axis Extension Kit for 3018 CNC Router
Super Size your CNC: This kit will extend your CNC’s Y-Axis to have 370mm of movement (14.6”), 320mm of travel, easily convert your 3018 to a 3040.
Compatibility: Perfectly compatible with Genmitsu 3018-PRO, 3018-PROVer, 3018-PROVer Mach3 CNC’s.
Simple Assembly: We will take you through the assembly process every step of the way.
Cost-Effective: Save money by putting your current CNC to better use. You don’t need to spend tons of money on a bigger one.
Ship to USA only. Final Sale. 6-month Warranty. Details
Perfect for making signs or just accommodating larger stock material for multiple cuts.
How to assemble the Extension Kit
Step 1: Disassembly
- Disconnect & Remove All Wires Connecting to the Base of Your CNC
- Unscrew the Gantry Assembly from Either Side of the CNC's Base
- Take Apart Your Frame
Step 2: CNC Base Assembly
- Attach the Extended Side Extrusions & Linear Rails to the Back Panel
- Install Extended Lead Screw into CNC Bed Through Spring & Copper Nut
- Install the Bed with Threaded Lead Screw Into the Liner Rails Already Attached to Back Panel
- Secure the Lead Screw to the Y-Axis Stepper Motor through the Coupler
- Install the Front Panel & Square Frame
Step 3: Final Assembly
The process of mating the base frame with the gantry assembly mirrors the same process as when you assembled your CNC for the first time, the only major difference is that rather than having the gantry spaced 46.5mm from the rear of the frame, you are now going to want it to move more forward in order to take advantage of the expanded Y-Axis.
Rather than give you a specific number, it is strongly suggested that you move the gantry as far forward as your wiring will allow. This is usually around 60-80mm depending on whether you have limit switches.
- Material: Aluminum
- Package Weight: 1.77 KG (3.90LB)
- Package Dimension: 51.5*21.5*7.5cm
- Note for 3018-MX3 User: Since MX3 has been upgraded before, special attention should be taken when choosing this Extension Kit. If you find a COUNTERBORE in the screw hole of the optical shaft part, please choose the Extension Kit for 3018-PROVer/3018-PROVer Mach3.
For 3018-PROVer Series:
- 2 x Y-axis Aluminum Extrusions (2040*450mm)
- 1 x Y-axis Extended Lead Screw (T8 Pitch 2mm, Thread 4mm*450mm)
- 2 x Y-axis Extended Linear Rails (Hole 5mm, Depth 15mm*460mm)
- 1 x Replacement Zip-ties
- 1 x Assembly Instruction