Lifetime customer support
SainSmart USB Host Android ADK Shield 2.0 For Arduino Uno Mega R3 Mega 2560 Duemilanove Nano Robot
SainSmar ADK Shield is based on Android Open Accessory Development Kit(ADK). SainSmart ADK Shield has many added features like support of both 5V and 3.3V I/O, smaller form-factor, better placement of reset button, pads for more pin-headers. Using SainSmart ADK Shield With SainSmart to build your own Mobile accessories. Open Source Android development platform and SainSmart ADK Shield With SainSmart is an ideal solution for mobile based Home Automation.
- SainSmart ADK Shield supports Android devices : Tablet PC v3.1 and Mobile Phone v2.3.4 and above with Google Open Accessories API (ADK).
- SainSmart ADK Shield can compatible with SainSmart Mega 2560?SainSmart Uno 328?SainSmart Diecimila/Duemilanove 328.
- SainSmart ADK Shield support USB HOST mode,support HUB protocol.
What is Android Open Accessory Development Kit ?
The Android 3.1 platform (also backported to Android 2.3.4) introduces Android Open Accessory support, which allows external USB hardware (an Android USB accessory) to interact with an Android-powered device in a special "accessory" mode. When an Android-powered powered device is in accessory mode, the connected accessory acts as the USB host (powers the bus and enumerates devices) and the Android-powered device acts as the device.
Android USB accessories are specifically designed to attach to Android-powered devices and adhere to a simple protocol (Android accessory protocol) that allows them to detect Android-powered devices that support accessory mode. Accessories must also provide 500mA at 5V for charging power. Many previously released Android-powered devices are only capable of acting as a USB device and cannot initiate connections with external USB devices. Android Open Accessory support overcomes this limitation and allows you to build accessories that can interact with an assortment of Android-powered devices by allowing the accessory to initiate the connection.
- Supports Android Mobile Phone:G1, Nexus One, Nexus S, Motorola Droid X with Android v2.3.4 and above devices
- SainSmart Mega 2560?SainSmart Uno 328?SainSmart Diecimila/Duemilanove 328 Compatible
- 1 Hardware TWI (I2C)
- 1 Hardware SPI
- 5V/3.3V compatible
- Support USB HOST mode,support HUB protocol
- The SPI interface has been moved to ICSP header making shield compatible out of the box with “bigâ€?SainSmarts â€?Mega and 2560. Standard size boards, such as Duemilanove, UNO, as well as clones with classic connector layout, are also compatible with this revision of the shield. This compatibility is maintained on a software level as well â€?all necessary code changes are performed using conditional compilation preprocessor directives.
- USB connector has been moved to the opposite side of the board. All external connectors are now in the same place making enclosure layout easier.
- MAX3421E RESET line is no longer handled by dedicated SainSmart pin. While MAX_RESET pin is still used in current version of USB Host library, it will be dropped from the next major revision of the code.
- Besides “Mega-formfactorâ€?compatibility, connecting to SainSmart SPI signals on ICSP connector has several advantages. First of all, in this layout traces are much shorter and as a result, the shield works more reliably at higher SPI speeds and/or larger signal and power noise. Second, since the 2X3 connector, which comes bundled with the shield, is of ‘stackableâ€?variety, it is possible to connect AVR Dragon or other ICSP programmer to SainSmart while SainSmart ADK Shield is mounted â€?picture on the left shows the arrangement. Finally, pins 11-13, occupied by SPI signals on “classicâ€?SainSmarts, are vacant on Megas and also uncommitted on the shield. Therefore, they can be used for other purposes without USB library code modifications.
- 1x SainSmart USB HOST ADK Shield Module
When it arrived it had some twisted pins, but these were easily arranged by hand. It is a very good product and it works perfectly fine. Highly recommended.
Very cool product
We bought this to be able to connect an Android to the Arduino Uno. Before even using this though we were able to get the Android to talk directly to the Uno through the USB B port so it can be done!