Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB RAM Quad Core CPU On sale Fast Shippingbrand: SainSmart SKU: 101-40-144
The Raspberry Pi is a Linux-based, credit card sized computer which is perfect for tinkering or learning to program. Capable of doing almost everything a normal computer can do - just in a much smaller, more affordable package. Features HDMI, RCA, audio outputs, GPIO, and dual USB ports. You'll need a power supply and SD card with OS installed. Simply hook it up to your monitor and keyboard to get started programming
- Raspberry Pi2 V1.1 . 6x Faster - Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- Double Memory - 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Identical board layout and footprint as the Model B+, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B+ will be fully compatible.
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real worldâ€?projects. GPIO is 100% compatible with the Model B+ and A+ boards. First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility across all boards.
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- Advanced power management:
- You can now provide up to 1.2 Amp to the USB ports â€?enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply)
- 10/100 Ethernet Port to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out
- 1x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB RAM, Quad Core CPU
- 1x Manual
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?
A: The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the latest single board computer to be released by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. It is the highest spec variant of the Raspberry Pi perfect for learning, coding, and creating your own projects.
Q: What's better about the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?
A: The major differences are that it comes with a quad core processor which gives you up to 6x faster processing speed, as opposed to a single core processor, and that it now features 1GB RAM, as opposed to 512MB.
Multiple processing cores allows for parallel processing. This means that in the past when you were using the Model A/+ or B/+ all tasks were queued or interrupted which results in you waiting for the single core processor to catch up with what you’ve asked it to do.
Q: Is the Raspberry Pi Model 2 Model B the same size as the Raspberry Pi Model B+?
A: Yes, the dimensions of the board and I/O locations all remain the same.
Q: Will my add-on board fit the Pi 2?
A: If your add-on board worked with your Raspberry Pi Model B+, it will work with the Pi 2 Model B. Further, we've tagged all the Pi accessories with which models they'll work. If you see a "Pi2" listed with your add-on board, the two will be compatible.
Q: Does the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B run on the same software as the older boards?
A: The operating systems are the same, but the new board requires use of updated software. This can be downloaded here (http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/), directly from the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Q: I don't know how to flash an SD card. Do you sell a card with the software pre-installed?
A: As of go-live, we do not have a pre-flashed card available. We're working to get cards flashed and will have them available for purchase shortly on the "accessories" section of this page.
Q: Will the older boards still be available?
A: We will continue to carry all models of the Raspberry Pi as availability allows, although we’re not able to quote dates on when new shipments of other models will arrive.