SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router 3018-PROVer Kit
3-Month Carveco Maker Subscription Is Included (a $45 Value). Subscribe newsletter to receive the link.
- The 3018-PROVer is the latest version of the 3018 Desktop CNC DIY Kit Series. Now Pre-assembled and no fuss with assembly taking less than 15 minutes out of the box.
- The 1.8” display will clearly display readouts and provide manual control of your mill without any computer. If a project gets out of hand the PROVer has an emergency stop control that is very visible and easy to access for an immediate shutdown of your machine.
- Make more with the all-aluminum body and take advantage of the added stability for milling a wider range of materials while also making clean up even easier with acrylic safety baffles to help contain dust and provide a safety barrier.
- Still based on open-source Grbl v1.1 the PROVer has stepped up to more powerful but silent Toshiba TB6S109 drivers with added life and performance along with added Optocouplers to protect your mainboard from hard stops without risk of damage and eliminate signal noise for more consistent projects and longevity.
The 3018-PROVer is the newest addition to the Genmitsu CNC 3018 series family. This pre-assembled desktop CNC machine allows you to be up and running in 15 minutes instead of 2 hours, making it no challenge for beginners.
Boasts an all-aluminum body with an oxide blue look, the 3018 PROVer gives you a premium look and feel for your machine.
The 5mm acrylic baffles can block the 'flying' pieces of wood/other cutaway materials so that you can safely monitor the engraving process.
Offline Controller with 1.8" TFT LCD Display
This machine comes standard with a newly designed offline controller with 1.8" display so you can view readouts clearly and control the CNC router without connecting to a computer.
Laser Module Available
If you are an experienced CNC engraving enthusiast looking for an upgrade, you can add the matching SainSmart laser module kit to the machine. With this module, it can absolutely give you different ways to unleash your creativity.
Genmitsu 3018-PROVer is the successor to the 3018-PRO, and the new version has brought improvements to many parts, including the excellent design and safety features, pre-assembly, upgraded mainboard, etc. Whether you’re a CNC beginner, a hobbyist or a small business owner looking for an enterprise-quality for commercial purposes, this is an excellent choice.
- Effective Engraving Area: 260 x 155 x 35mm(10.2 x 6.1 x 1.4”)
- Frame Size: 420 x 340 x 280mm(16.5 x 13.4 x 11.0”)
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Z-Axis Component Material: ABS
- Spindle: 775 motor, 12V~24V, 10000 RPM;
- Rated power: 60W; Maximum power: 120W
- Step Motor: 1.3 A, 12V, 0.25 Nm torque (2.2 in-lb)
- Drill Bits: Tip 0.1 mm, 20 degrees, Diameter 3.175 mm
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7 32/64 bits, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, Mac OS
- Software: Grbl control(Candle)
- Power Supply: 24V/4A, with CE, FCC & PSE certifications
- Perfect for: Hobbyists, Crafters, Woodworkers, Industrial Designers, Educators, Engineers, Jewelers and more!
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1 x 3018-PROVer CNC Router Machine (Some parts need to be assembled)
- 1 x Offline Control Module
- 1 x Tools Box
- 1 x Screw/ Nut Accessories Box
|Assembly Time||2 hours||2 hours||30 minutes||30 minutes||2 hours|
|Home and Limit switches||x||x||✓||✓||✓|
|Comes with Offline Controller?||✓||✓||✓||x||x|
|Switchable to Laser Module?||✓||✓||✓||x||✓|
Just beginning to learn and this was a great choice. I didn’t have to put everything together with this version but still did some of it. Careful attention to detail and it all worked first time with test file. Great service from Saintsmart and some helpful tutorials around as well as helpful community online.
The unit itself is excellent. My computer skills need to be improved, but so far I am figuring it out as I go along. The fit and finish is great. There are minor errors in the instructions but nothing drastic.
This is my first CNC machine, and I really liked it. Most of assembly is about cabling. A part of the machine has come pre-assembled, so I have started experimenting with it. While the machine works pretty well, finding suitable software to make use of it was the problem part. Unless you buy a specific CAD/CAM software, you might feel lost what to do. So, open tools like jscut webapp, inkscape, candle, plus the included hand controller will be your main toolchain.
Assembly was fast and easy. Installing software was easy . There are tons of references in their community to help.
Came well packed and protected. Contains all the items one needs to build and start to use the router. I took my time building the item, so it took longer than it specifies in the sales pitch but this was not a problem. The printed documentation supplied is clear, concise and well laid out. Together with the videos and guides available on line makes it easy to understand the build and operating procedures. The router is very easy to operate and the the two sample programs give a flavour of what is possible with this machine. The included probe system is easy to use and helps speed the set-up process. The included work clamps are well made and can be adjusted to provide a hold on the work piece using a variety of attachment methods. I also purchased a spoil board, which attaches to and protects the aluminium base. I am still learning the capabilities of the router but am happy that I have made the correct choice with regard to my future projects. in addition I now see other possibilities that I may use the machine for.
Great customer service Would buy again
great product - quality level is very high - online resources are very thorough.
I have experience with 3D printers and thought I would dip into the world of CNC. I have seen numerous articles and ads for 3018 kits, but the SainSmart 3018-PROVer Kit was highly recommended. I was not disappointed! The kit was extremely well packed and included everything I needed to get started. The manual was easy to follow and it took me less than an hour to assemble. The SainSmart website has great documentation and resources to get you started. I also highly recommend the Facebook "SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Users Group". I found much useful information there.
LaserGRBL The best free GCode sender for DIY Laser Engraver. LaserGRBL is able to load and stream GCode path to arduino, as well engrave images, pictures and logo with internal conversion tool. Can click here to buy a laser module.
LightBurn is a premium version of LaserGRBL which allows you powerful tools for editing, adjusting the layout and controlling your laser. LightBurn is a native application written for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Can click here to buy the LightBurn GCode License Key.
Easel is the all-in-one software solution for 3D carving machines. Designed by Inventables, Easel is the easiest way to get started in the world of 3D carving.
Fusion 360 Integrated CAD, CAM, & CAE software for everyone. Animation. Access Anywhere. Easy Collaboration. Try It Free. Integrated Design Tools. Next-Gen 3D CAD/CAM. Fabrication.