SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router 3018-PROVer Kit
3-Month Carveco Maker Subscription Is Included (a $45 Value). Subscribe newsletter to receive the link.
- The 3018-PROVer is the latest version of the 3018 Desktop CNC DIY Kit Series. Now Pre-assembled and no fuss with assembly taking less than 15 minutes out of the box.
- The 1.8” display will clearly display readouts and provide manual control of your mill without any computer. If a project gets out of hand the PROVer has an emergency stop control that is very visible and easy to access for an immediate shutdown of your machine.
- Make more with the all-aluminum body and take advantage of the added stability for milling a wider range of materials while also making clean up even easier with acrylic safety baffles to help contain dust and provide a safety barrier.
- Still based on open-source Grbl v1.1 the PROVer has stepped up to more powerful but silent Toshiba TB6S109 drivers with added life and performance along with added Optocouplers to protect your mainboard from hard stops without risk of damage and eliminate signal noise for more consistent projects and longevity.
Whether you’re a CNC beginner, a hobbyist or a small business owner looking for an enterprise quality for commercial purposes, this is an excellent choice.
Join SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router Facebook Group
Upgrade your 3018 to 3040
- Effective Engraving Area: 260 x 155 x 35mm(10.2 x 6.1 x 1.4”)
- Frame Size: 420 x 340 x 280mm(16.5 x 13.4 x 11.0”)
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Z-Axis Component Material: ABS
- Spindle: 775 motor, 12V~24V, 10000 RPM;
- Rated power: 60W; Maximum power: 120W
- Step Motor: 1.3 A, 12V, 0.25 Nm torque (2.2 in-lb)
- Drill Bits: Tip 0.1 mm, 20 degrees, Diameter 3.175 mm
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7 32/64 bits, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, Mac OS
- Software: Grbl control(Candle)
- Power Supply: 24V/4A, with CE, FCC & PSE certifications
- Perfect for: Hobbyists, Crafters, Woodworkers, Industrial Designers, Educators, Engineers, Jewelers and more!
WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE
- 1 x 3018-PROVer CNC Router Machine (Some parts need to be assembled)
- 1 x Offline Control Module
- 1 x Tools Box
- 1 x Screw/ Nut Accessories Box
✔Included Hardware (over $533 value)
- Genmitsu CNC Router 3018-PROVer ($349 value)
- Genmitsu Offline Controller ($25 value)
- Blue-Violet Light Fixed Focus Laser Module ($159 value)
✔Included Software ($85 value)
I have experience with 3D printers and thought I would dip into the world of CNC. I have seen numerous articles and ads for 3018 kits, but the SainSmart 3018-PROVer Kit was highly recommended. I was not disappointed! The kit was extremely well packed and included everything I needed to get started. The manual was easy to follow and it took me less than an hour to assemble. The SainSmart website has great documentation and resources to get you started. I also highly recommend the Facebook "SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Users Group". I found much useful information there.
I got this because it requires less build time than some of the others, and it was worth it. Yes, I had to spend an evening putting it together, but I would have spent two were I to get the cheaper model. It's worth the time savings alone. The panels that reduce the spray of mess are good, though they do nothing for the front or back. I had to repair some of the screws (they vibrated loose) after a few days, but if it happens again, a little threadlocker will fix that. I recommend getting collets in every size, since you may get other end mill kits and need them. I also recommend putting this in a room far from where people will be annoyed by the sound. If you decide to mill something that's going to take a day or more then you don't want to do it where your family will have to listen to it for days on end. Like all CNC machines, it's like running a dremel in your house-- people will hear it. So far I've worked with MDF and layers of very thin plywood. It's been great. I'm about to start working with soft copper and I really look forward to it.
The CNC Router Kit is really well done. The instructions and descriptions of the items are very professional. The instructional video and the starter software helped me get the system up and running in one afternoon. There is a lot to learn and it is a very instructional system. I am still waiting on the delivery of the laser part of the kit that I am told was shipped separately.
Fast delivery and easy to assemble. Sainsmart resource centre very helpful
im happy with this. cant wait to make more things
I purchased this product about a month ago but only opened it on Christmas day. It is made of a sturdy material and fits together really nicely. I am pleased with the quality of the material and the workmanship. I do have a lot of learning to do as I am just starting cad. I still need to learn cam and g-code and maybe more. It should keep me busy for awhile.
LaserGRBL The best free GCode sender for DIY Laser Engraver. LaserGRBL is able to load and stream GCode path to arduino, as well engrave images, pictures and logo with internal conversion tool. Can click here to buy a laser module.
LightBurn is a premium version of LaserGRBL which allows you powerful tools for editing, adjusting the layout and controlling your laser. LightBurn is a native application written for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Can click here to buy the LightBurn GCode License Key.
Easel is the all-in-one software solution for 3D carving machines. Designed by Inventables, Easel is the easiest way to get started in the world of 3D carving.
Fusion 360 Integrated CAD, CAM, & CAE software for everyone. Animation. Access Anywhere. Easy Collaboration. Try It Free. Integrated Design Tools. Next-Gen 3D CAD/CAM. Fabrication.